Posts tagged potato bake
This is one of those recipes where you just put everything in the slow cooker uncooked and then leave it to do the work for you. It’s so easy and tastes delicious even though it doesn’t look amazing
3 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 large leek, sliced
3 spring onions, sliced (these were just left over in my fridge so I threw them in as well)
2 teaspoons of coarse grain mustard
A 300ml tub of Creme fraiche
About 100-150ml milk
1. I used a mini food processor but you could do this in a bowl, mix the mustard, Creme fraiche and milk together.
2. Lightly grease the slow cooker pot and then start with a layer of half of the potatoes, add half of the leek and half of the spring onions. Add a bit of ground black pepper to taste.
3. Grate a layer of cheese over this and then pour over half of the Creme fraiche mixture.
4. Add the rest of the potato, leek and spring onions. Cover with grated cheese and then pour in the rest of the Creme fraiche mixture.
4. Put the lid on and cook on low heat for around 5 hours. About half an hour before you want to serve, grate more cheese over the top of the dish.
Now be warned, this dish will go brown and crispy around the edges but as with roast potatoes I think it just adds to the taste It does mean the pot needs a soak for a while before cleaning it though
It isn’t the prettiest looking dish but it’s absolutely delicious! We served it with baked beans but I imagine it would go lovely with a nice salad
I’ve linked this up over at Mediocre Mum’s Slow Cooker Sunday