Quick and Easy, Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
I love baking but it’s something I rarely get chance to do anymore but this recipe is so quick and easy I have been whipping up a batch most weekends recently and the family love them
4 medium eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g softened butter
225g caster sugar
225g self raising flour
100g white chocolate chips
100g milk chocolate chips
1. Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large bowl and mix for a couple of minutes with an electric mixer.
2. Give each toddler one of the mixers to lick the mixture off
3. Stir the chocolate chips into the mix.
4. Place 12 paper muffin cases in the muffin tins and divide the mixture between them.
5. Bake in a preheated oven (175 degrees) for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven. Test with a skewer and when it comes out clean the muffins are cooked.
6. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning out and placing on a rack to cool.
And that’s it
I’m not a huge fan of icing so we eat our muffins like this but feel free to ice at will
We also swap the chocolate chips for alternatives such as chopped glacé cherries or sultanas. Choc chip and cherry go down a treat here as do cherry and sultana.
I’m also planning on trying a Bakewell muffin next by swapping the vanilla extract for almond essence and using cherries. I think I’ll inject some raspberry jam into the middle when they are baked as well – I’ll let you know what they turn out like
- Easy Banana Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Chocolate and Vegetarian Marshmallow Cupcakes
- Nutella and White Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Prashad – Indian Vegetarian Cooking – A Review and Corn on The Cob Curry Recipe
- Spinach and Cheese Soufflé
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Tibits At Home – A Vegetarian Recipe Book Review
- Apple, Cinnamon and Sultana Muffins