As an accountant, I was so proud when MissB did her first sum the other day at aged 2 years 10 months. It will forever stick in my memory as her first proper bit of maths. I’ll set the scene, we were driving home from Durham after just being given a box of a dozen doughnuts for free in town. We were discussing them and the following conversation happened…
MissB: Me like doughnuts mummy!
Me: If you had one doughnut in one hand and one in the other, how many would you have MissB?
Silence comes from the back seats whilst MissB contemplates….
MissB: I’d have TWO doughnuts mummy!
So yes, MissB’s first sum will always be remembered as the time she successfully counted imaginary doughnuts in her hand
- Bouncing Into Spring
- A Trip To The Seaside
- Discovering Freedom – Life After The Pushchair
- Cute Photo Alert
- The Cavendish Hotel, London – A Review
- Lelli Kelly – Get Off My TV Screen
- Alnwick Castle – A Review
- Paper Mâché Monster Heads – Yes Really I Got Crafty!
- Well It’s Fair To Say May Has Been A Crap Month
- Pirate Shapes from Orchard Toys Review