Twice Baked Potatoes
This is by far the best way ever of having baked potatoes. It takes a while to cook but both MasterB and MissB love “potato boats” as we call them We serve them with beans or a nice salad.
4 large baking potatoes
350g tub of creme fraiche
About 200g of mature cheddar cheese (grated)
A handful of chopped spring onions
A small teaspoon of coarse grain mustard
1. Preheat the oven to around 200 and when warm put the potatoes on a baking tray and cook for around an hour until soft.
2. In a large bowl mix the cheese, creme fraiche, spring onions and the mustard.
3. Remove potatoes from oven and slice in half lengthways. Now if you have a potato ricer these are a godsend! Scoop the contents of each potato half out and mash/rice it before adding it to the cheese mix.
4. Put the empty potato skins back in the oven for around 10 minutes to crisp up whilst you mix the cheese/potato mixture thoroughly.
5. Remove the skins from the oven and using a spoon, scoop the potato mixture back into the potato skins. You can use all the mixture as it doesn’t matter if it goes over the top of the skins.
6. Place the loaded potato skins back in the oven and leave to cook for around 15-20 minutes until they are going golden on top.
Serve up and enjoy, this is proper comfort food