Roast Mediterranean Vegetables and Polenta – A Slow Cooker Recipe
This was an experiment based on a recipe I originally found on the Tesco website but I wanted to see if I could cook the veg in the slow cooker and I thought it needed a few added bits and pieces. It tasted absolutely delicious and there is very little preparation to do, just pop all the raw ingredients in the slow cooker and leave it to cook
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 cloves crushed garlic
A carton of baby plum tomatoes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 pack ready made polenta
Fresh basil leaves
1. Chop all all the veg into decent sized chunks
2. Put all the veg, including the whole tomatoes in the slow cooker dish, add a good drizzle of olive oil, the crushed garlic and season with black pepper. Add in a handful of torn fresh basil leaves. Give it a good mix with your hands before replacing the lid.
3. Leave to cook on high for about 2.5 hours (it leaves the veg with a bit of bite still)
4. About 45 minutes before you’re ready to eat, pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes and give the vegetables a stir.
5. Slice the polenta into slices about 1.5cm thick and fry in a pan for 3-4 minutes each side until they are golden.
6. Serve up and enjoy
I’m linking this recipe up to Mediocre Mum’s for Slow Cooker Sunday