Feta, Wild Rice and Sundried Tomato Stuffed Peppers (Slow Cooker Recipe)
This is a recipe I’ve invented myself, it never occurred to me that you could do stuffed peppers in the slow cooker until I saw a recipe on a website somewhere. I didn’t particularly like their recipe though so I made up my own filling and I think it works. The hubby and the kids loved them so I guess they must be good
4 large red peppers
1 packet feta cheese
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 packets of microwave wild rice (or if you want the normal cook rice but I like ones that are quick )
A handful of chopped olives
A handful of chopped sundried tomatoes
A handful of pine nuts
(as with most of my recipes just add as much as you like of each ingredient to suit your taste)
1. Chop the tops off the red peppers, scoop out the insides and stand them in the slow cooker dish.
2. Cook the wild rice as per instructions on packet.
3. In a large bowl mix the chopped feta, sundried tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and the cooked rice. Mix well.
4. Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
5. Take the tinned tomatoes, pour a little on top of each pepper before replacing the peppers top and then tip the rest into the bottom of the slow cooker dish.
6. I cooked them on high for the first hour then 2.5 hours on low but I reckon 4-5 hours on low would do the job fine
Serve with a nice salad and fresh bread but be warned they are very filling.