Courgette and Roast Pepper Lasagne with Mozzarella and Quorn Mince (Slow Cooker Recipe)
I originally found the basis for this recipe in Slow Cooking for Vegetarians but it seemed to be lacking a bit for our liking so I’ve done a fair bit of tweaking and came up with this recipe which is absolutely delicious. It will easily serve a small army or about 6 adults so is great for big families or dinner parties
3 tins chopped tomatoes
1 brown onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 vegetable stock cube
150g (about half a packet) of frozen quorn mince (and yes I do use it straight from frozen!)
1 jar roasted peppers
3 sliced courgettes
2 mozzarella (sliced)
6 sheets fresh lasagne (one packet)
For cheese sauce
25g Plain flour
75g Grated cheese
1. Lightly fry the onion and garlic in some olive oil and when softened add in the tinned tomatoes, quorn mince, roasted pepper, vegetable stock cube and add Italian seasoning and black pepper to taste.
2. Slice the courgettes and mozzarella into slices whilst the sauce is cooking.
3. Start layering the items in the slow cooker pot. Start with a layer of sauce and add some sliced courgette on top.
4. Then add a layer of lasagne sheets and a few slices of mozzarella on top, and repeat until all is used.
5. The top layer should be sauce with a few pieces of mozzarella on top. Give it a push down with a spoon to make sure everything is in contact with the sauce.
6. Leave the lasagne to cook on a high setting for around 2-3 hours.
7. About half an hour before you are ready to serve, make a cheese sauce by mixing the flour, butter and milk in a saucepan and stirring with a whisk bring it to the boil until thickened and smooth. Season with black pepper and stir in the grated cheese.
8. Pour the sauce onto the lasagne in the slow cooker then replace lid and leave to cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Unfortunately the photo really doesn’t do it justice, the different layers and the gooey mozzarella add a lovely texture to the lasagne and it really does taste lovely