Slow Cooker Mushroom and Leek Risotto
This is a recipe adapted from Slow Cooking for Vegetarians. The risotto is made with easy cook brown rice rather than standard risotto rice but it tastes delicious It take about 15 minutes to prepare all the ingredients and get it in the slow cooker and then you can relax and get the school run etc over with whilst it cooks. You can’t beat it served with fresh bread out of the bread machine
1 Large leek
1 Clove of garlic
225g Easy cook brown rice
750 ml vegetable stock – I like to use 6 vegetable oxo cubes as we like a strong taste
250g Chestnut mushrooms
Vegetarian hard cheese / parmesan to garnish
1. Slice the leek, crush the garlic and fry in a little olive oil until they are just softened.
2. Add the stock, rice and sliced chestnut mushrooms, bring to the boil
3. Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on high for about 1.5 hours. Give it a stir after an hour.
4. It’s ready when the rice is cooked and by this point most of the liquid will have been absorbed.
5. Serve topped with parmesan and with fresh bread.
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Tibits At Home – A Vegetarian Recipe Book Review
- Apple, Cinnamon and Sultana Muffins
- Quick and Easy, Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Five Fabulous Friday Blog Follows
- Washing Machines and Vegetarian Chicken Pox
- Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup Recipe
- Cream of Watercress Soup Recipe
- Pom Bear Snowmen Review
- Win 2 x £50 vouchers for BigGreenSmile.Com