Census 2011, 10 years and 10 changes
Seeing as it’s Census 2011 time I’ve been having a think about all the changes in my life since the last Census in 2001 and I thought I’d try and list 10 things that have changed in my life over the last 10 years so here goes:
1) In 2001 I was living in Hull, since then I’ve moved in with hubby in York, then we moved to rented accomodation in Durham before finding the house of our dreams in Bearpark 3 years ago.
2) In 2001 I was single and living alone, since then of course I met my husband in January 2006 and got married in August 2007.
3) Of course back in 2001 I was also childless, since then MissB arrived on 29/11/09 swiftly followed by MasterB on 14/2/11.
4) Back in 2001 I had a Fjord horse called Aida and I spent 95% of my free time at the stables or out riding, since moving to Durham and having children I haven’t had chance to get back in the saddle although this is something I plan on doing at some point. I can’t wait until MissB is old enough to ride!
5) In 2001 I was just starting my qualification as a Chartered Accountant, 10 years on I am building up my own Accountancy company ABC North East It’s still small but I am gradually building up a very nice client base.
6) Back in 2001 I was saddled with debt from student loans but these are all paid off now and a distant memory
7) In 2001 I was still a meat eater, it wasn’t until I met my husband who is a vegetarian that I turned veggie myself. I don’t miss eating meat at all.
8) In 2001 I didn’t own a house, I was renting a one bedroom flat in Hull now we own a lovely house and a rather scary sized mortgage
9) Back in 2001 I had 4 nephews, over the last few years we’ve had a baby boom in the family and I’ve now got 5 nephews and 2 nieces and if we include MissB and MasterB then my parents have had 5 more grandchildren since the last census was done!
10) Back in 2001 I think I was a bit of a lonely recluse and not particularly happy with my life, now I’m still a bit of a recluse but I have a wonderful family and find myself smiling all the time when I look at my wonderful little family and all that I have achieved over the last 10 years!
I considered making this post a MeMe and tagging people but I’m not very good at that but I’d love to know what changes have happened to you since the last Census so feel free to post me a link to your blog if you do something similar or just comment below
- 2011 – A Review of the Year (part 2)
- The Gallery – Green
- Silent Sunday
- Baby development, by now your baby should be juggling whilst riding a unicycle
- Win a pair of tickets for The Baby Show at the NEC
- MAD Blog Awards
- The Gallery: Mother Love
- I’ll never be a natural mum…but…
- Mother Brown’s Guide to Baby Clothes