Asparagus and Green Bean Tagliatelle
This is another recipe which I absolutely love. I’m not sure where it originally came from and it’s been tweaked over time to suit the Brown household. It takes a little bit of preparation and requires a food processor or something to mix/chop the ingredients (I use a magic bullet type thing) but it’s definitely worth the effort
A couple of packets of asparagus tips
A packet of trimmed green beans
1 red chilli (or a heaped teaspoon of lazy chillies)
1 inch of fresh ginger root (or rough equivalent of lazy ginger)
1 big clove of garlic
6 spring onions
3 tablespoon of smooth peanut butter (you can use chunky if preferred but smooth is baby friendly for MissB)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce (low salt preferable)
3 tablespoons water
Tagliatelle – enough for however many people you are serving (I use 6 balls of it)
A handful of pinenuts to garnish
1) In a food processor mix the chopped spring onions, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chopped chilli until you have a nice paste of finely chopped ingredients.
2) Chop the asparagus and the green beans into 1 inch pieces
3) Put the tagliatelle onto cook for however long it takes – 10/12 minutes usually
4) Steam the asparagus and green beans for a few minutes until almost cooked
5) Make the sauce by adding the peanut butter, soy sauce and water into the food processor and blending until you get a smooth paste
6) Using the groundnut oil fry the chilli and ginger paste for a few minutes before adding in the steamed vegetables and continuing to cook for another couple of minutes.
7) Once the veggies are cooked add a dollop of sesame oil to the pan and then pour in the peanut sauce and mix, once this has cooked for a minute or so add in the cooked tagliatelle and mix thoroughly.
8) Put onto plates to serve and garnish with a few pinenuts.
- Chocolate and Vegetarian Marshmallow Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Prashad – Indian Vegetarian Cooking – A Review and Corn on The Cob Curry Recipe
- Spinach and Cheese Soufflé
- Why My Child’s Party Will Be Vegetarian
- Tibits At Home – A Vegetarian Recipe Book Review
- Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup Recipe
- Cream of Watercress Soup Recipe
- Meal Planning Monday
- Meal Planning Monday